Having to work with WordPress and suddenly you get the error “The editor has encountered an unexpected error: Attempt Recovery Copy Post Text” as shown also with images below.
We will answer some of the issues by referring to questions posted in forums and how it was resolved
Possible causes of “The editor has encountered an unexpected error”
The first thing I recommend you do is troubleshoot your plugins and find out which one caused it. I will list a few plugins that are the culprit whenever noticed as 85% of the time it has been noticed they cause it to break down.
- Sometimes when Yoast is installed, it can cause the error to occur. Try deactivating it and see if it solves the issue. If it does, then just deactivate and delete the plugin. Then reinstall again and see if it solves it permanently. Also, you may deactivate it when you want to edit and after working, activate it. Update elementor and use can fix it.
- Otter plugin may be the cause. Yes! A lot of people complained about this happening when they installed and activated this plugin. The Fix is to deactivate the plugin Otter and see if it solves the issue. Just try editing and if you can, just delete and possibly reinstall it again. Another way is to deactivate the plugin and edit your pages. When you are done, activate it again.
- Block Editor: Sometimes it can be caused by the block editor. Just go to Settings > Writing > Default editor for all users: Change from ‘Block Editor’ to ‘Classic Editor’ > ‘Save Changes’. You can install classic editor plugin and then go to settings writing and select classic editor
Read Also: How to fix error 406-not acceptable
Get TikTok SEO Cheat here
Solutions to “The editor has encountered an unexpected error”
- Deactivate the theme: Revert to WordPress default theme and see if it solves the problem. I encountered it reently and just deactivated the theme. It solved the problem.
- Deactivate all plugins: You can deactivate all the plugins and try to create a new post or page / you can try edit any post or page. if it works, then just activate each plugin one after the other. This way you will find the culprit plugin. Then remove the plugin causing the issue or contact the developers for solution.
Other causes and solutions
Solution 1: If you are using ELEMENTOR PAGE BUILDER for designing the post, try deleting that post and making a new post, and then click on edit with Elementor.
Solution 2: if there is an update of Elementor, update it and then use it.
Solution 3: Solution will be somehow the same for all the page builders and editors
Conclusion: When there are issues in WordPress it is usually due to conflict in script or plugins and once you resolve the conflict either by deactivating or deleting the affected plugin, it helps to fix the problem.