Technology in the banking sector just got a whole new level with the cardless ATM withdrawal. This is one of the smartest ways to benefit from the banking sector.
This means you can cut off the debit card usage at the ATM terminals. Now we will look in details how this works and of what benefit is it to you as a consumer.
Cardless withdrawal is also known as ‘Cash-on-the-go’ (COTG). This works with Instant banking service portal using the USSD dial option. Some banks also allow this feature to work with banking apps too.
Note: It is advisable to use the Paycode from your bank as listed in this article for each bank.
The list of all banks in Nigeria are covered and listed below.
REQUIREMENT FOR CASHLESS WITHDRAWAL TO WORK
- Your bank’s instant banking code. For example, *737#.
- The SIM card registered to that bank account.
- A mobile phone.
- A bank app (for banks that support).
HOW TO WITHDRAW WITHOUT ATM CARD IN NIGERIA
Here are the procedures for cardless ATM Withdrawal in Nigeria.
1. DIAL THE INSTANT BANKING CODE
You need to dial the instant banking code on your mobile phone. this must be done from the registered card associated to the bank account. Codes like *737# for GTB, *903# for AccessBank and so on
2. SELECT WIRELESS WITHDRAWAL OPTION
Next is to find and select ‘Cash-on-the-go’ or ‘Cardless withdrawal’. It could be anything other than this depending on the bank. When you locate the option, input the number accompanying it on the command bar and send.
3. ENTER A ONE-TIME PIN
The next dialogue box will request for a one-time cashout PIN (OTP).
Note: This is the PIN you will be using for withdrawals. Please take note of the PIN!The one-time will not be your account transaction PIN.
4. ENTER AMOUNT
After entering the one-time PIN for the banking, enter the amount of money you want to withdraw. Few seconds later, your reference code will be forwarded to you via SMS.
5. PROCEED TO WITHDRAW
The best part! Now, proceed to the nearest ATM station or gallery to make your withdrawals using the reference code sent to you.
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT CARDLESS ATM WITHDRAWAL IN NIGERIA
- Find out the minimum and maximum withdrawals limits set by your bank before proceeding. Some banks limit it to ₦20,000, others set it at ₦30,000 and ₦40,000 respectively.
- Apart from using the instant banking code, some banks support this service via their banking app platform.
- Try using ATMs situating at banks so as to easily use the service. Not all ATMs support this feature.
HOW TO WITHDRAW WITHOUT ATM CARD FROM ALL NIGERIAN BANKS
The metod of withdrawing money wirelessly from banks differ from ban to bank. This part shows how to withdraw money without card in Nigeria. These are the banks that support such service in this era
1 HOW TO WITHDRAW WITHOUT ATM CARD FROM ACCESS BANK
- Dial *903# on your mobile phone.
- Find and select Withdraw Money.
- Select ATM Withdrawal in the next screen.
- Input the amount of money you want to withdraw on the screen.
- Enter your 4-digit PIN.
- A reference code is now sent to that registered sim. Now, take that PIN to any ATM stand closest to you.
- Select cardless withdrawal option on the ATM by pressing ‘’.
- Select Access Money on the screen.
- Enter the phone number registered to that account.
- Enter the amount of money again.
- Enter the reference code that Access bank sent to you.
- Press Continue and take away your money.
2 CITIBANK CARDLESS WITHDRAWAL METHOD IN NIGERIA
- Request for cardless withdrawal using the online portal via Citibank banking app.
- You’ll be sent a one-time (OTP) PIN through the sim you used for registration.
- Proceed to any ATM and complete withdrawals using the OTP sent.
3 HOW TO DO CARDLESS WITHDRAWAL WITH DIAMOND(ACCESS) BANK
- Text ATM to 30811. This SMS will only work if the sim card is registered to that Diamond account.
- You’ll be sent a 6-digit magic code for the transaction.
- Go to any Diamond withdrawal center around you and select Magic Cash on the ATM.
- Input the registered phone number.
- Input the 6-digit PIN sent to you via SMS from Diamond bank.
- Now, enter your 4-digit PIN. You might be requested to create a 4-digit magic PIN if you’ve not used the service before.
- Hit continue and withdraw your cash.
4 HOW TO WITHDRAW WITHOUT ATM CARD USING ECOBANK
- Install Ecobank app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- If you’re not yet registered with the app, create an account and log in. If registered, input your account details in the Log in option to proceed.
- Find and select Xpress Cash.
- Select ATM.
- Select your bank account if you have multiple Ecobank accounts registered to the app services.
- Ecobank will generate an 8-degit Token.
- Go to the nearest Ecobank ATM.
- Select Expresscash.
- Enter the 8-digit Token generated earlier.
- Enter the amount of money you want to withdraw and you’re done.
5 WITHDRAW FROM FIDELITY BANK WITHOUT ATM CARD
- Dial *770*8*Amount#. For example, if you intend to withdraw 10,000 Naira, the code will be *770*8*10000#.
- Continue by following the on-screen prompts.
- Create a one-time PIN.
- Enter your 4-digit banking and Fidelity will send in a Paycode.
- Go to the nearest ATM station.
- Enter the Paycode.
- Enter your bank PIN.
- Enter the amount to be withdrawn and you’re done.
6 HOW TO WITHDRAW WITHOUT ATM CARD WITH FIRST BANK
- Dial *848*Amount#. For example, if you want to withdraw 10,000 Naira, the code with be *848*10000#.
- Enter any other detail required.
- Enter your account PIN.
- Generate a one-time 4-digit PIN (OTP) and select Send.
- First Bank will send in a Paycode to the registered SIM via SMS. You can as well check your email for the PIN.
- Visit any First Bank ATM station.
- Select First Bank Cardless.
- Enter your bank PIN.
- Enter the 4-digit OTP.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw.
- Enter your phone number and your cash is out.
7 HOW TO WITHDRAW WITHOUT ATM CARD IN FIRST CITY MONUMENT BANK PLC
For now cardless withdrawal is not possible. However, you can dial *329# to confirm for yourself.
8 HOW TO WITHDRAW WITHOUT ATM CARD IN GT BANK
There are three ways to do cardless withdrawal with GTB as listed below.
- Internet banking
- Mobile banking
1. HOW TO WITHDRAW WITHOUT ATM CARD USING GT BANK INTERNET BANKING
- Log into the internet banking platform.
- Find and select Account Transfers.
- There are two options available there. The first is Cardless Withdrawal (GT-Rescue) and the second is Paycode (Cardless withdrawal).
Note: If you select Cardless Withdrawal (GT-Rescue), you can only withdraw using a Guarantee Trust Bank ATM. If you select Paycode (Cardless withdrawal), you’ll be able to withdraw from any other bank’s ATM.
- After making your choice, GTB will present you a form to fill.
- The form will require your Name, Mobile Number (registered to the account), Account to Debit, Terminal Type, Amount to Withdraw, etc.
- Enter Answer to Secret Question.
- Enter the Token Code sent by GTB and submit request.
- GTB will send you a Reference Code which will be used for the withdrawal.
2. HOW TO WITHDRAW WITHOUT ATM CARD USING GT BANK MOBILE BANKING
- Download GTB app from Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Create an account or Log in to an existing account.
- Click on the Menu option.
- Select Cardless Withdrawal.
- Click Cash Out (GTBank ATMs) if you want to withdraw with only GTB ATM.
- Click Cash Out (All ATMs & POS) if you want to withdraw for other banks’ ATM.
- Fill out the form and click Continue.
- Enter you Token Code or 4-digit PIN and tap Done.
- A Reference Code will be sent via SMS.
3. HOW TO WITHDRAW WITHOUT ATM CARD USING GT BANK USSD
- Dial *737#.
- Select 8 – Next Page.
- Select 1 – Cardless Withdrawals.
- Select 1 – GTBank or 2 – Other Bank.
- If you select 2 – Other Bank, continue to select Terminal.
- Select Terminal as ATM or POS.
- Input Amount.
- Enter 4-digit code.
- Enter the pre-selected 4-digit PIN.
- Reference Code will be sent by GTB via SMS or email.
Now, depending on your option, you’ll have to either go to ‘only’ GTB ATM or Other Banks’ ATM.
For Cardless Withdrawal (GT-Rescue) option, do the following:
- Press enter on the ATM.
- Select Cardless Withdrawal (GT-Rescue).
- Enter the Reference Code.
- Enter Amount to withdraw and press Enter to withdraw your money.
For Paycode (Cardless withdrawal)
- Select Paycode on the ATM.
- Enter the Paycode sent to you.
- Enter the PIN number you preselected on the internet banking.
- Enter the Amount.
- Press enter and withdraw your money.
9 HOW TO WITHDRAW WITHOUT ATM CARD IN HERITAGE BANK
- Dial *322*030*8*Amount#. For example, if you’re withdrawing 10,000 Naira, it will be *322*030*8*10000#.
- Follow the on-screen prompt to complete the process.
- Go to the nearest ATM and select Paycode Cashout.
- Enter the generated digits sent to you by Heritage Bank.
- Confirm with your 4-digit pin.
- Enter the exact amount and withdraw your cash.
10 HOW TO USE POLARIS BANK CARDLESS CODE IN NIGERIA
Just dial *322*8*Amount#. Complete the on-screen prompts and go to the nearest bank ATM. Select Paycode, enter the reference code and other details to withdraw.
11 STANBIC IBTC CARDLESS WITHDRAWAL
Dial *909# to enter the USSD banking. Find and select cashless withdrawal. Follow the screen prompts to continue. Now, do the following:
- Go to the nearest ATM and select Paycode.
- Enter the required details and withdraw your money.
12 HOW TO WITHDRAW MONEY WITHOUT ATM CARD STERLING BANK
Sterling Bank refers to this feature as Dial4Cash. Here is how to use it.
- Dial *822*42#.
- Follow the screen prompt to create a one-time PIN (OTP).
- Enter your transaction pin to receive a Reference Code via SMS.
- Go to the nearest ATM station.
- Enter the Reference Code, selected amount, and OTP to withdraw your cash.
13 HOW TO WITHDRAW WITHOUT ATM CARD WITH UNION BANK
- Dial *826#.
- Follow the on-screen prompt to generate a Paycode.
- Visit the nearest ATM station.
- Select Paycode.
- Enter the required details including Reference code, amount and OTP.
- Withdraw your money.
14 HOW TO WITHDRAW MONEY WITHOUT ATM CARD UBA
- Dial *919*30*Amount#. For example, if you’re withdrawing 10,000 Naira, the code will be *919*30*10000#.
- Follow the on-screen prompt.
- Generate a Reference code.
- Go to any ATM center.
- Select Paycode.
- Enter the Cashout code and amount. The amount must tally with what you selected previously.
- Cash out.
15 HOW TO WITHDRAW MONEY WITHOUT ATM CARD IN UNITY BANK
You can use the Paycode option to withdraw from your Unity Bank account without credit card. Here are the steps involved.
- Dial *322*215*8*Amount#. For instance, to withdraw 5,000 Naira, the code will be *322*215*8*5000#.
- Visit the nearest ATM center.
- Select Paycode Cashout.
- Input the required details including your 8 to 14-digit paycode and the amount.
- After verification, take out your money.
16 HOW TO DO CARDLESS WITHDRAWAL WITH WEMA BANK
- Dial *945*8*Amount# with the registered SIM card. For example, *945*8*10000#.
- Enter a Cashout PIN.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw (it must not exceed 20,000 Naira).
- Wema bank will send you a Reference Code (Cash Out Code).
- Go to any ATM center to complete the withdrawal.
- Select Paycode.
- Input the required details and withdraw your money.
HOW TO DO CARDLESS WITHDRAWAL WITH ALAT
- Install ALAT, enter your login details and sign in.
- Click the menu option at the top-left screen.
- Click Send Money.
- Select ATM Cardless Withdrawal.
- Click Generate Paycode.
- Provide the required details and use your ALAT PIN for confirmation and ALAT will send the Paycode to your email.
- Visit the nearest Paycode-enabled ATM and press the Enter key to reset the ATM screen.
- Choose CashOut Paycode.
- Enter the reference number and the cashout PIN sent to you.
- Enter the amount of money you want to withdraw.
Now, you have your money cardless from Wema ALAT.
18 HOW TO DO CARDLESS WITHDRAWAL WITH ZENITH BANK
- Dial *966*60#.
- Select option 7 to proceed.
- Follow on-screen options.
- Proceed to the bank to complete withdrawal.
19 HOW TO DO CARDLESS WITHDRAWAL KEYSTONE BANK
- Dial *7111#.
- Select cardless withdrawal.
- Enter your OTP.
- Enter amount.
- Go to any Keystone ATM and select Paycode.
- Enter the code sent to you.
- Re-enter the amount for confirmation and you’re done.
You may as well perform this action using the mobile app but USSD is a better and faster way to go cardless.
20 HOW TO DO STANDARD CHARTERED CARDLESS WITHDRAWAL
- Download SC Mobile (Standard Chartered banking app) from Play Store or Apple Store and launch the app.
- Enter your Password and Username. If you have no Standard Chartered mobile account, click on Sign Up to register.
- When the app launches, select QR Pay.
- Pick the account that you prefer for QR payment.
- Enter a preferred 4-digit pin.
- Now, check your message inbox and input the OTP sent to you.
- Select ‘Allow App to Access Camera‘ when your phone prompts.
- You can now visit any merchant or online store to make your purchase. To make purchase, simply allow the app to use your camera for scanning the barcode provided for you.
Note: With SC Mobile app, you can spend up to 2,000,000 Naira daily. It is just as if you’re using your credit card for transactions. Interestingly, all transactions are free of charge!
21 HOW TO DO TITAN TRUST BANK CARDLESS WITHDRAWAL
Titan Trust bank does not support cardless services at the moment.
22 HOW TO DO SUNTRUST BANK CARDLESS WITHDRAWAL
SunTrust bank does not support cardless services at the moment.
23 HOW TO DO PROVIDUS BANK CARDLESS WITHDRAWAL
Providus bank does not support cardless services at the moment.
24 HOW TO DO GLOBUS BANK CARDLESS WITHDRAWAL
Globus bank does not support cardless services at the moment.
WRAPPING IT UP
The use of cardless ATM withdrawal in Nigeria has made banking easier and faster. It has made it convenient for one to withdraw money if you do not have an ATM card at the moment. Trust this post is helpful? Kindly share with friends on social media.